In the past, women were skeptical about removing facial hair because there were less options available there, but these days, Instagram and YouTube is filled with videos on removing facial hair. Honestly, if I tell my mom that I shave facial hair, she would just freak out and ask me whether I am a man? Since face is the first feature anyone observes, it needs to be well groomed! Are you someone who wants to get rid of facial hair and don’t know which method to try? This article will answer all your questions! In this post, we will be discussing 9 ways to remove peach fuzz (facial hair) choose your pick!
1. Shaving: Shaving has always been considered a man thing and a decade ago it would have been a taboo if women shaved their face. Personally, I thought the same way until a friend (beauty blogger) suggested me to try shaving, I wasn’t sure but since she is my best friend, I had to listen! Always use a good razor designed only for women-facial shaving, you can get it at a beauty store or online. Below I’m listing the pros and cons of shaving for you to get a better idea.
- Shaving gives you super smooth skin.
- It is completely painless.
- It is quick and hardly takes 3-4 minutes.
- Your makeup will glide like butter over the smooth skin.
- Your face will look much cleaner and smoother.
- Hair doesn’t grow faster or thicker (depends on individual hair growth cycle)
- Not suitable for women with thick facial hair.
- Not suitable for acne prone skin as it may induce more acne.
- It may not suit very sensitive skin.
2. Waxing: This is an age0old method and is widely popular throughout the world where wax is applied on the surface of the skin in the direction of hair growth and pulled off using a waxing strip in the opposite direction, the skin is smooth and soft for days and weeks. There are two types of wax; traditional sugar wax and flavoured wax. You can do a patch test and choose wax according your likings. Let’s have a look at its pros and cons.
- The after result is smooth, feather-like soft skin.
- Makeup is easier on hair-free skin.
- It takes roughly around 5-10 minutes in a salon.
- Since hair is removed from the roots, it takes weeks to grow back and you can live with hair-free skin for longer.
- You need to wait for full growth to wax since very tiny hair won’t be removed through wax.
- It is painful- but bearable (no one tell this part though).
- Not recommended for acne prone/sensitive skin.
- Can cause mild irritation.
- Can cause redness for a while.
Tip- Use ice cubes for a couple of minutes then apply aloe vera gel to soothe and calm the skin.
3. Tweezing: This method is perfect for smaller sections of the face like eyebrows or chin, since it would take ages to get your side burns tweezed. Tweezing is done with a tweezer that allows you to pluck one hair at a time. It’s a handy tool and most women reach out for it. This tool is ideal for women who have fewer hair on face.
- Hair is removed from root and hence the results are long lasting/
- It can be done at home.
- Can be slightly painful.
- Can be time consuming, as your plucking individual hair.
4. Threading: This technique is an ancient method of hair removal and was found in the Middle East. The practitioner will run a cotton thread across the face an along a twisting motion which enable hair removal by the follicles. The best area to thread on face is eyebrows as it creates that perfect definition. But you can use threading on upper lips and side buns.
- Even the tiniest hair can be removed through threading unlike waxing or tweezing.
- In most cases, doesn’t cause irritation.
- Lasts for weeks.
- It is comparatively a painful method of hair removal.
- Can cause infection if hygiene is not maintained.
- You need to go to a salon (not for lazy girls)
- Can cause breakouts if your skin is oily.
5. Depilatory Creams: This is another very convenient way to remove peach fuzz. There are two types hair removal creams – regular ones which are used for the body and facial depilatory creams are designed only for facial skin, we recommend using the facial hair removal cream as regular creams are too harsh and can cause severe burn and redness.
- Pain-less method.
- Removes hair effectively.
- Can be done at home.
- Takes hardly 5-6 minutes.
- Takes weeks for hair growth.
- Can cause redness for sensitive skin.
6. Laser hair removal: This is a popular hair removal process and mostly accepted. In this method, a laser is used to target hair pigment which damages. It is usually used on upper lip, side burns, and chin. It is permanent hair removal process which requires 8-12 sittings depending on a persons hair growth. The process begins with shaving of hair, and then the dermatologist applies gel before using the laser device to target hair roots. With regular sessions, the hair growth is considerably reduced.
- Permanent hair removal method.
- Possibility of skin burns during the process.
- Time consuming.
- Needs at least 8 to 10 sittings to see fruitful results.
7. Sugaring: This method has been used since centuries and is loved by most users. It is a traditional way of hair removal yet it is more gentle than waxing. A thick sugary paste is applied on the surface in the direction of hair growth, it is pulled off in the opposite direction. According to experts, it lasts longer than waxing, it usually lasts for a month or two depending on individual hair growth.
- Long-lasting effect.
- Smooth skin.
- Can be used by sensitive skin.
- Some may find it painful (you can always do a patch test prior).
- Can cause mild redness or itching for some period.
Hope this article helps you to achieve hair-free facial skin! till then stay beautiful inside-out!